Nicole Nguyen is a Partner with our firm and an experienced litigator in several different specialties. She has represented both plaintiffs and defendants, which gives her a balanced and informed perspective. She now focuses exclusively on employees whose rights have been violated. She is an especially passionate advocate for sexual harassment victims.
Nicole understands that legal practice is most effective when the parties are professional, courteous, and reasonable. She has built strong relationships with attorneys on both sides of the bar. Her civility and pragmatism give her clients the best chance at a prompt, favorable settlement.
When alternative dispute resolution has not been effective, Nicole has successfully prevailed for her clients in jury and bench trials, arbitrations, and administrative hearings. She excels at presenting a strong, simple, and emotionally resonant narrative for the decision-maker.
Nicole serves as a member of the Orange County Bar Association Labor and Employment Section’s Executive Committee. She supports continuing legal education within the industry via regular speaking engagements and conference organization.
Nicole loves learning. She was recruited by the University of Southern California to start college at age 16, as both a Resident Honors and Thematic Option Scholar. She later graduated from Western Washington University with a Bachelor’s in English Literature and a minor in economics. She earned her Juris Doctor from Columbia University School of Law, where she received honors for her writing ability, debate skills, and commitment to public service.
In her free time, Nicole travels, watches movies, and collaborates with her husband on his software development projects.
- Up-and-Coming 25: Orange County Rising Stars (2016 and 2017) (honor limited to approximately 0.6% of eligible attorneys)
- Up-and-Coming 50: Women Southern California Rising Stars List (2016 and 2017) (honor limited to approximately 0.6% of eligible attorneys)
- Super Lawyers Southern California Rising Star, Labor and Employment Law (2015 to 2017) (honor limited to 2.5% of attorneys in the state)
- Southern California Super Lawyer, Labor and Employment Law, Super Lawyers Magazine (2019 to 2023)
- Numerous pro bono efforts, including California Appellate Project, the Public Law Center, and the Legal Aid Society
- Public Service Fellowship and Public Interest Law Foundation Student Funded Fellowship
- Columbia Journal of Environmental Law staff member
- Editor, Foundation Year Moot Court Program
- Numerous academic awards, including Western Foundation Scholar, Dean’s Scholar, Resident Honors Program, and Thematic Option Program
- Executive Committee Member – Orange County Bar Association Labor & Employment Section: Secretary/Treasurer 2019, Chair Elect 2020 and Chair 2021