Don D. Sessions
Founding and Managing Partner
Don D. Sessions is a pioneering employee rights attorney and a founding partner of Sessions & Kimball LLP. He exclusively represents employees and has recovered millions of dollars in litigation, arbitration, and confidential settlements.
Known as one of the best employee-rights attorneys in California, Don wrote for columns on employee rights issues for both The Los Angeles Times and The Orange County Register for a decade. He has wrote books on employee rights and was a frequent commentator on television and radio, including several appearances on National Public Radio and Market Place.
Don’s honors include regular listings as a “Super Lawyer” in Employment Law by Super Lawyers Magazine and also as one of California’s “Best Lawyers” by The Best Lawyers in America (as featured in The Wall Street Journal). He has an “AV – Preeminent” rating from Martindale-Hubbell and a perfect 10/10 rating from the online legal referral service Avvo. And Don is a lifetime member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
Active in the legal community, Don is a former chair of the Orange County Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section, former chair of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society, former member of Orange County Bar Association’s Board of Directors, and was an adjunct professor at Western State College of Law. He is a graduate of Loyola Law School and Brigham Young University.
Loyola College of Law (Los Angeles) JD, Brigham Young University, BS, Pepperdine University College of Law, Trial Advocacy College.
Admitted to practice before all California courts, US District Court, Central District of California, US District Court, Southern District of California.
California Bar Association; Orange County Bar Association; Labor & Employment Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association; J. Reuben Clark Law Society; Million Dollar Advocates Forum; Labor & Employment Law Section of the California Bar Association.
- Named a “Southern California Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine repeatedly.
- Named as one of California’s “Best Lawyers” by The Best Lawyers in America on a regular basis regularly.
- Labor & Employment Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association, former Chair.
- Orange County Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society, former Chair.
- J. Reuben Clark Law Society International Membership, former Chair.
- Orange County Bar Association, Member of the Board of Directors.
- Deseret Business Association, former President.
- Toastmasters, former Orange chapter Chair.
- “AV” (highest rating) by Martindale-Hubbell, attorney-ranking organization.
- Highest Ratings of “10.0″ (“superb”) with AVVO attorney ranking service.
- Many past lectures to attorneys for their State Bar educational credit.
- Western State University, College of Law, former Adjunct professor on Employment Law, Wrongful Termination Law, Sexual Harassment in the Workplace, Wage and Hour Law, and Negotiation.
Wrongful Termination Law (355 pages); Sexual Harassment in the Workplace (354 pages); Employee Rights in California (276 pages, sold nationally in bookstores); Employment Discrimination-Editor of ABA sponsored supplement to major treatise; “Win at Work” nationally syndicated column; The Los Angeles Times columnist on Employee Rights issues for a decade; The Orange County Register contributing columnist for a decade; EEO BiMonthly columnist; articles in newspapers and magazines across the country, including Time, Newsweek, U.S. News & World Report; Forbes Inc.; Worth Daily Journal; Money National Business Employment Weekly etc.; frequent commentator on television and radio; and guest on National Public Radio and Market Place.
Contact Us Today
Schedule a free and discreet consultation in person with an attorney today.