Stephen C. Kimball
Stephen C. Kimball is an accomplished trial attorney and a founding partner of Sessions & Kimball LLP. He has exclusively represented employees for more than 20 years and has handled cases valued in excess of $500 million.
Steve has extensive litigation experience in both federal and state courts. He has successfully represented individuals all the way to the California Supreme Court and received favorable orders on appeal for the firm’s clients.
Super Lawyers Magazine has recognized Steve multiple times as a “Super Lawyer” in Employment Litigation. In 2016, The American Society of Legal Advocates named Steve as one of California’s “Top 100” attorneys. He has a perfect 10/10 rating from the online legal referral service Avvo. Steve has also published numerous articles in The Los Angeles Times and The Orange County Register regarding employee rights.
Steve is a past chair of the Orange County Bar Association’s Labor and Employment Section, has served as a member of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society’s Board of Directors, and is a frequent panelist in seminars for attorneys seeking California State Bar educational credit. He is a graduate of the University of San Diego School of Law and Brigham Young University.
Steve’s interests include Ironman triathlons, marathons, snowboarding, golf, scuba diving, and surfing. He regularly runs the Boston Marathon. He and his wife have five children.
University of San Diego, JD; Brigham Young University, BS
Admitted to practice before all California courts, US District Court, Central District of California, US District Court, Southern District of California.
Orange County Bar Association; Labor & Employment Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association; Orange County Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society.
- Expert Witness in Labor and Employment Law court cases.
- Named a “Southern California Super Lawyer” by Super Lawyers Magazine (2005, 2006, 2016).
- Named a “Top 100 Attorney” in 2016 by The American Society of Legal Advocates.
- Named as one of California’s “Best Lawyers” by The Best Lawyers in America on a regular basis, most recently in 2016.
- Vice-Chair and Chair of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the Orange County Bar Association, 1999-2000.
- Frequent panelist in seminars for attorneys in all areas of Labor and Employment Law for their State Bar educational credit.
- Adjunct Professor, Western State University College of Law, teaching courses on Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Wage and Hour Law, and Wrongful Termination Law, 1999-2005.
- Board of Directors, Orange County Chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society, 2004-2006.
- Editor, The Legal Light, Newsletter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society, 2004-2006.
- Language: French
Mr. Kimball has published numerous articles in The Los Angeles Times, Orange County Register, and other newspapers and magazines as well as being a frequent commentator on television and radio on a wide variety of employee rights topics, including wrongful termination, sexual harassment , overtime, medical leave, trial advocacy, vacation pay, commissions, and more.
Contact Us Today
Schedule a free and discreet consultation in person with an attorney today.