Mission Viejo Executive Representation Attorney

If you are a high-level executive, you have rights under both state and federal employment laws. You are protected from discrimination, harassment, and other forms of retaliation. If you believe that you have been subjected to any of these illegal practices, we can help. We have successfully assisted executives in a variety of employment matters, including retaliation, unpaid wages, and more.

Retaliation Against Executives 

Retaliation against whistleblowers is a widespread problem in the corporate world. This understandably leads many workers to be afraid of reporting wrongdoing out of fear of being demoted, fired, or blacklisted. If you’ve witnessed your company engaging in unethical or illegal behavior, it’s important to know your rights and understand the risks involved in coming forward. 

What Is Retaliation?

Retaliation is any adverse action taken against an employee for reporting or refusing to participate in illegal or unethical behavior. It can take many forms, including termination, demotion, reassignment to a less desirable position, and harassment. Generally, retaliation is defined as any act that would dissuade a reasonable person from reporting wrongdoing. 

How to Fight Retaliation

There are a few different ways that you can fight back against retaliation. The first is by filing a complaint with the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH). The California DFEH is responsible for investigating claims of workplace discrimination and harassment. If they find that your employer has retaliated against you, they will take action to remedy the situation.

Another way to fight back is by filing a lawsuit against your employer. This is a more complex process, and you will need the help of an experienced attorney. But if successful, it can result in financial compensation for what you’ve endured.

Unpaid Wages as an Executive 

Whether you were pushed out or left on your own accord, if you’re an executive who is no longer with a company, there’s a chance that you are owed money. Sometimes this is because commissions go unpaid, expenses go unreimbursed, or vacation time wasn’t properly compensated. If this is the case for you, don’t despair—there are legal avenues available to help you get the money that is rightfully yours.

The first thing you should do is try to negotiate directly with your former employer. It’s possible that they are simply unaware that they owe you money and will be happy to rectify the situation once it’s brought to their attention. However, if your negotiation efforts are unsuccessful or if your former employer is unresponsive, your next step should be to consult with an attorney who specializes in wage and hour law.

An experienced Mission Viejo employment attorney will be able to advise you of your rights and help you build a strong case for why you are owed the money you are requesting. They will also be familiar with the relevant laws and regulations surrounding unpaid wages and can guide you through the process of filing a claim with the appropriate government agencies. In some cases, it may be necessary to file a lawsuit against your former employer to get them to pay what they owe.

Hire Sessions & Kimball For Your Executive Needs

An employment lawyer can provide a wide range of services to executives. They can review employment contracts to make sure that they are fair and comply with the law, advise you on compliance with employment laws, represent you in negotiations with employees or unions, assist you with discrimination and retaliation claims, and represent you in court if necessary. If you have any issues, we’re here to help. Here’s why you should hire us:

  • Our experience gives us an edge. We have been handling cases like yours for many years and know what it takes to win. We are also not afraid to take on challenging cases.
  • Our commitment means we will work tirelessly on your behalf. We will do whatever it takes to get the best possible outcome for you.
  • Our reputation is spotless. We have a long track record of success and satisfied clients. Even our competitors refer clients to us.

Contact us today to schedule your free consultation