Riverside Wrongful Termination Lawyer
Losing your job is stressful enough, but when it happens under unfair circumstances, it can be overwhelming. As an employee, it’s crucial to know your legal rights when it comes to being fired from your job in California. The state’s “at-will” employment status certainly gives employers a lot of leeway when it comes to dismissing employees for any lawful reason, but there are limits, and your employer cannot terminate you for unlawful reasons, even if you are at-will. For help with a wrongful termination claim, contact Sessions & Kimball to schedule a free consultation.
Why You Should Work With Sessions & Kimball After Wrongful Termination
Wrongful termination is a serious issue that can have a devastating impact on your life. If this happens to you, you should seek legal representation as soon as possible. Here’s why you should work with Sessions & Kimball:
- Our founding partner has been exclusively representing employees since 1985. With literally decades of experience and a detailed understanding of employment law, Sessions & Kimball has helped countless clients fight for their rights.
- When you contact Sessions & Kimball, we collaborate as a firm so you’re never just hiring one attorney.
- We view our clients as a family. We know that facing wrongful termination can be a challenging and emotional time, that’s why we make ourselves available to answer any questions you may have. We always call you back and keep you informed about your case’s progress every step of the way.
Why You Need a Lawyer For a Wrongful Termination
If you believe you have been wrongfully fired, it is important to seek help from a qualified employment law attorney immediately. They can help you in the following ways:
- Your lawyer will gather evidence, interview witnesses, and review your employment history to evaluate the merits of your case. They can help you understand whether or not your employer violated any federal, state, or local laws, and whether you have a valid claim for damages
- Your lawyer will help you file a formal complaint, respond to your employer’s defenses, and represent you in court.
- Your lawyer can also negotiate a settlement or represent you in alternative dispute resolution processes, such as arbitration or mediation.
- A wrongful termination can have serious consequences for your career and your finances, and a qualified lawyer can help you recover damages. You may be eligible for back pay, reinstatement, front pay, compensatory damages, and punitive damages. They can help you calculate the value of your claim, and make sure that you receive fair compensation for your losses.
Under California law, there are certain characteristics that employers cannot use as reasons for firing their employees.
Age, ancestry, national origin, race, color, religious creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, use of family medical leave, and political activities or beliefs are all protected classes.
If your employer terminated you because of one of these characteristics, they have broken the law, and you may have a valid wrongful termination claim.
Constructive Wrongful Termination
Constructive termination can also lead to a wrongful termination claim. This occurs when an employee resigns due to working conditions that are so intolerable, a reasonable person in the same position would feel compelled to do the same. These conditions can include harassment, discrimination, or retaliation. To have a valid claim, the employee must show that the employer was aware of the intolerable working conditions and failed to take remedial action to address them.
This can include making formal complaints to management, human resources, or other authority figures within the organization.
Contact Sessions & Kimball For Help With a Wrongful Termination Claim
Wrongful termination can be an overwhelming and challenging experience. It is important to have the right team of legal professionals on your side. Sessions & Kimball has the experience, knowledge, and compassion to help you fight for your rights and get the compensation you deserve. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.